INSPECTORATE AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER Position Summary The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) is a statutory body whose mandate is to regulate the registration and practice of engineering professionals in Zimbabwe. A position for Inspectorate and Compliance Manager, reporting to the Chief...
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Functions of ECZ
FUNCTIONS OF THE ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF ZIMBABWE
- To consider and administer applications for registrations;
- To maintain the Register of Engineers and Technicians;
- To issue practising certificates to registered persons and to cancel or suspend such certificates;
- To ensure that constituent bodies have adequate procedures to enforce ethical practice and discipline among Engineers and Technicians registered under the Engineering Council Act;
- To encourage cooperation between constituent bodies in matters of common interest;
- To take such steps as appear to Council to be necessary or desirable to advance the standing and effectiveness of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe;
- To promote the view of the engineering profession on national, regional and international issues;
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.