To our valued Stakeholders You are being advised that the Regulatory Body will be on Annual Shutdown from Monday 20th December 2021 to 14 January 2022. During the shutdown there will be skeleton staff to man the reception and to deal with inquiries and collection of practicing certificates during...
It's with great excitement that we announce the World Engineering Day 2022 Programme. Aligned with our theme for 2022: Build Back Wiser. Engineering The Future. Our 2022 programme is jam packed with new and interesting global events and we want YOU to be a part of it. We are thrilled to announce the...
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Functions of ECZ
FUNCTIONS OF THE ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF ZIMBABWE
- To consider and administer applications for registrations;
- To maintain the Register of Engineers and Technicians;
- To issue practising certificates to registered persons and to cancel or suspend such certificates;
- To ensure that constituent bodies have adequate procedures to enforce ethical practice and discipline among Engineers and Technicians registered under the Engineering Council Act;
- To encourage cooperation between constituent bodies in matters of common interest;
- To take such steps as appear to Council to be necessary or desirable to advance the standing and effectiveness of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe;
- To promote the view of the engineering profession on national, regional and international issues;
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.