The 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week & 5th Africa Engineering Conference Please find below the link to the 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week and 5the Africa Engineering Conference that is to be held at the Accra Marriott Hotel in Accra, Ghana from October 4-8, 2021. Africa Engineering Week...
Invitation to 1st African Scientific Research & Innovation Council (ASRIC) Conference on Engineering Sciences
Dear Distinguished Sir/Madam, *INVITATION TO THE 1ST ASRIC CONFERENCE ON ENGINEERING SCIENCES* The FAEO President, Ing. (Mrs.) Carlien Bou-Chedid, wishes to specially appeal to the PEIs to share this invitation to their members and get them to join the 1st African Scientific Research and...
Dear All Below is the link to The 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week (AEW) 2021 - FAEO for your information. All things being equal AEW 2021 will be hosted by The Ghana Institution of Engineering in collaboration with the Federation of African Engineering Organizations, the World Federation of...
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .