Season’s Greetings To All Our Stakeholders Please be advised that ECZ will be closed for the Christmas holiday from 18 December 2023 to 5 January 2024. We have come to the end of yet another challenging but fruitful year. We are grateful to all our members for their dedication and support to...
ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF ZIMBABWE To create a safe sustainable environment through engineering excellence in Zimbabwe. RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP-2024 RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION –ENGINEERING COUNCIL ACT (CHAPTER 27:22) AND SI.153 OF 2012 The...
Please take note of ECZ's new contact numbers below: +263 867 700 9716 and + 263 784 971 028
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .