To our valued Stakeholders You are being advised that the Regulatory Body will be on Annual Shutdown from Monday 20th December 2021 to 14 January 2022. During the shutdown there will be skeleton staff to man the reception and to deal with inquiries and collection of practicing certificates during...
It's with great excitement that we announce the World Engineering Day 2022 Programme. Aligned with our theme for 2022: Build Back Wiser. Engineering The Future. Our 2022 programme is jam packed with new and interesting global events and we want YOU to be a part of it. We are thrilled to announce the...
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .