The 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week & 5th Africa Engineering Conference Please find below the link to the 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week and 5the Africa Engineering Conference that is to be held at the Accra Marriott Hotel in Accra, Ghana from October 4-8, 2021. Africa Engineering Week...
Invitation to 1st African Scientific Research & Innovation Council (ASRIC) Conference on Engineering Sciences
Dear Distinguished Sir/Madam, *INVITATION TO THE 1ST ASRIC CONFERENCE ON ENGINEERING SCIENCES* The FAEO President, Ing. (Mrs.) Carlien Bou-Chedid, wishes to specially appeal to the PEIs to share this invitation to their members and get them to join the 1st African Scientific Research and...
Dear All Below is the link to The 7th Edition of Africa Engineering Week (AEW) 2021 - FAEO for your information. All things being equal AEW 2021 will be hosted by The Ghana Institution of Engineering in collaboration with the Federation of African Engineering Organizations, the World Federation of...
BOGUS / UNREGISTERED ENGINEERING PRACTITIONERS The Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) has lately observed that a number of unsuspecting clients and firms have engaged unregistered individual engineering practitioners and or Engineering Consulting Companies to undertake varied types of...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Applications for registration
Applications for registration
All applications for registration and practicing certificates shall be channeled through the constituent bodies of the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe.
An application for registration should:
- be made in English and all translations of certificates and transcripts must be done by competent authorities
- state the qualifications upon which the application is based and accompanied by the copies of such certificates or other documents as are to support those qualifications
- be accompanied by the appropriate non-refundable fee as prescribed in the first schedule.
An application for registration shall be decided upon by the Council within 60 calendar days from the date of receipt of such application from the constituent body.
Applications for temporary registration should be channeled through the normal-application procedures in compliance with the Engineering Council Act.
- Every engineer or firm registered under the Engineering Council Act is required to pay an annual licensing fee to the Council of such amount as the .Council may from time to time prescribe and such a fee shall be due on 1st January of each Calendar year.
- Failure to pay the annual licensing fee when due shall cause the Council to delete the name of any engineer or firm from the register after a notice for a period not exceeding three months has been given by the Council to the engineer, technician or firm concerned.
- Every consulting engineering firm shall apply fees according to the Third Schedule which are proposed by Council periodically and approved by the Minister.
- Foreign engineering firms or individuals wishing to perform engineering work in Zimbabwe should obtain an appropriate license from Engineering Council of Zimbabwe before initiating any activity which is a subject of the By-laws and such licence may only be granted for specific projects which need expertise and specialised skill or technology not available in Zimbabwe.
The ECZ shall in the first 6 months of each year publish the names of registered engineers and engineering firms. During the same period, ECZ shall publish the names of all engineers and Engineering firms who may have been deleted from the register in the previous year.
- Every registered engineer shall be issued with a practicing certificate bearing his or her name, registration number and category and any other information as may be prescribed by the Council.
- The Council will not consider the application of any person who fails to comply with any requirement made under the By-Laws.
- All foreign engineers who wish to practice engineering shall, as soon as practicable, apply for registration with the Council and those who are residing outside Zimbabwe must apply for registration before entering Zimbabwe or soon thereafter.
Only registered persons are permitted under the Engineering Council Act, (chapter 27: 22) to carry- out engineering work in Zimbabwe.